My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://declancashin.com
and update your bookmarks.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Making a Twit of myself


Nightwatch column from Day and Night in today's Independent

I've never been particularly good with names. It seems the old grey matter simply can't master all those vowels and consonants, not to mention the intensive memory work required. I always believed that technology was invented for defective humanoid models like myself; a brave new innovative frontier to which I could outsource all those pesky operations like thinking and comprehending, and a handy way to assist my attempts at functioning socially in the real world.

Instead, technological progress is making matters worse. Owing to my (f)addictions to Facebook and Twitter, I now have a greatly expanded list of people that I speak to -- or, more accurately, speak @ -- online everyday.

Continue here

No comments: