My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://declancashin.com
and update your bookmarks.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

My top 10 movies of 2008


1. The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
2. Slumdog Millionaire
3. Man on Wire
4. Rachel Getting Married
5. I've Loved You So Long
6. The Visitor
7. The Dark Knight
8. Juno
9. No Country for Old Men
10. There Will Be Blood

Best Actor:
Mathieu Amalric (The Diving Bell and the Butterfly)
Honorable Mentions: Tommy Lee Jones (In the Valley of Elah), Richard Jenkins (The Visitor)

Best Actress:
Anne Hathaway (Rachel Getting Married)
Honorable Mentions: Kristin Scott Thomas (I've Loved You So Long)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Come on - Ricky Gervais romantic comedy "Ghost Town" surely deserves a mention in your movie list or is that only me that thinks that. Might not be up to the normal Ricky standard, but its a sweet little comedy.

Declan Cashin said...

Er, let's just say Ghost Town was in the top 20 :) I love Ricky though so I enjoyed GT, but it didn't make the cut in an unusually strong movie year