My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://declancashin.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, March 02, 2009

Broadband of brothers


My piece from the Independent last Friday on the drama/trauma of trying to get broadband installed.

I moved apartment recently and, for the first time ever, it was a breeze. I boasted to one and all about how my move was totally seamless, hassle-free and a general festival of sunshine, lollipops and rainbows.

That, dear reader, was a prime example of what the Greeks would call hubris: the pride before the fall. Because just like one of those poor chumps in a Greek tragedy, I forgot that the gods mock us for their sport. And the gods, in my case, were broadband providers.

Continue here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The problem with all these companies that their underpaid and much harassed 'customer service' people simply don't care.