My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://declancashin.com
and update your bookmarks.

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Pride and Prejudice

Congratulations to Drs Katherine Zappone and Anna Louise Gilligan for so eloquently making their case on the ‘Late Late Show’ last night. They are taking a High Court action to have their marriage recognised by the Irish state.

They are magnificent figureheads for an important campaign that could have huge repercussions for co-habiting couples in Ireland. Their bravery, determination and honesty is inspiring and I wish them all the best with their case.

There will be a fundraising table quiz in the Front Lounge on Wednesday 15 March. €40 for a table of four.

2 comments:

Seán Kenny said...

They're impressive figureheads for the campaign. I was surprised at the vehemence with which a few of the audience members opposed gay marriage. Actually, no, I wasn't surprised at all.
It's still the 1950s in some people's heads.

Declan Cashin said...

Don't get me started. Check out the 'Partin Shot' column on the last page of the next issue of GCN magazine for my views on the topic!