My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://declancashin.com
and update your bookmarks.

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Delicious. No other word.

I saw Disney-Pixar's Ratatouille yesterday morning and I can safely say that its rave reviews (96% critics average on Rotten Tomatoes) are thoroughly deserved. Breathtaking animation, eye popping set pieces and laugh-out-loud humour are souffled into a funny, thoughtful, moving and, most importantly, entertaining movie.

And what a great, dare I say it, inspiring (and inspired) message: Remy, the sophisticated rat who wants to be a chef, is a deceptively simple stand-in for every dreamer and artist out there. Some of us are in the gutter - literally in Remy's case- but we truly are looking at the stars. I'm man enough to admit, I even cried during it.

In terms of what cinema is capable of doing, and what it should do, this is as close to perfection as you could hope to get.

No comments: