Monday, January 18, 2010
- Jeff Bridges is gonna be this year's Best Actor winner
- Mo'Nique: powerful stuff baby.
- Meryl: glorious Meryl. The Oscar is hers for the taking (PS: How HAWT did Colin Farrell look?)
- Christoph Waltz: worthy winner.
- Ditto Jason Reitman
- Glee wins Best TV Comedy
- Drew Barrymore: a sweetheart.
- Ricky Gervais' Mel Gibson-drink gag. Gervais did well overall, though I know he's an acquired taste anymore.
- Michael C Hall wins TV Actor. On the road to recovery too.
- Avatar for Best Picture Drama?!?! Wow, I guess it really is changing Hollywood forever: from now on 3D will be used to disguise how shit your movie is.
- James cameron wins Director ahead of the far more deserving (and his ex-wife) Kathryn Bigelow. Even he had to admit in his speech that the award should have been hers.
- Sandra Bullock wins Best Actress Drama. Nice to see her breakthrough, but I still think she's this year's Sharon Stone. Shazza, you'll recall, won Best Actress Drama for Casino in 1996, but lost the Oscar to Susan Sarandon. Similarly, I think Sandy will lose to Meryl this year.
- Jane Lynch wuz robbed I tells ya!
- (500) Days of Summer should have won Best Comedy