My blog has moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 5 seconds. If not, visit
http://declancashin.com
and update your bookmarks.

Monday, January 12, 2009

Globes



Slumdog and the great Kate Winslet sweep the board at the Golden Globes.

Winslet, nominated for five Oscars, had never won a Golden Globe. And, in my all-knowing* pre-award predictions, I hadn't predicted her to win either. My bad Kate. She's now in the strongest position of any actor this year going into the Oscars. Nice (though she would want to recall that the last person to win two acting Globes on the one night was Sigourney Weaver back in 1989. She lost both prizes at the Oscars).

Plus, how great was it for Colin Farrell?! Did not see that one coming at all. He could very well sneak into the Oscar shortlist now, though competition is extremely tough.

*I don't know anything.

No comments: